Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The girl loves shoes...



*notice our doormat... yes, the one that says, "NOOF." it used to way WOOF until a certain 4-legged family member ate a fourth of the W.


Well we have already established that Mary Martin loves shoes of all kinds. She'll bring you the ones she wants to wear and say 'shoe' and stick her foot out for you. I'd been looking everywhere for a pair of red sandals for her, and I finally found some at Helen's. They are a little too big, but she thinks they're fabulous. She doesn't walk in them, she struts.


This is from today. It's been sprinkling on and off all day. We got home and she kept saying "owzide," so I opened the door to show her it was raining, and she ran as fast as her stumps would carry her... right to the mudhole. There she stayed (whilst still wearing our new red shoes) at least 10 minutes going, "ray-ray!" (rain-rain) I thought, "This is a Kodak moment" and "She's gonna ruin those new shoes" almost simultaneously. But fun-mom prevailed over practical mom and I ran for the camera THEN took off the shoes. :)

7 comments:

Matt, Amy and Lauren said...

Hey! This is Amy Calame-Matt's wife. Mary Martin is precious!!!! Matt and I were looking at your blog and he goes "Mary Martin looks just like George Robert." HA! We will be in Selma a lot this summer-we all need to get together sometime. I know Lauren would love to see MM again! Our family email is mattcalame@charter.net, email us!

Ryan, Jenny, C&C said...

i love fun-mom over practical-mom most days.:) and i adore those new red sandals! carrington might 'need' some of those. she hasn't shown too much interest in shoes yet besides throwing them all out of the basket in their closet. crew on the other hand will try to put on any shoes lying around--that includes ours. i have to have at least one shoe fanatic in this family!!!! mm is completely huggable. i hope i get to see y'all some this summer.

JuJu said...

Love the new pictures. I knew that Mary Martin would inherit at least one trait from me. Her Papa will be 'so happy' (ha) that the trait is my love of shoes. Of course, I know that her mama is a shoe fan, too! A girl can never have too many cute shoes - and the more colors, the better. Can't wait to see ya'll. Love you...

Hollie Schofield said...

That girl is her daddy made over... but glad to know she has her mama's fashion sense!!!

the Sandbergs said...

she is getting so big!!! such a doll!

Monique said...

I'm lovin' those shoes!

Hollie Schofield said...

I'm with Rod... more updates, please ma'am!!!