Sunday, August 17, 2008

This Sunday's Lesson Is...

Life is precious. My sweet husband was driving from the hospital to church to meet us when a car "t-boned" him at the intersection of State St. and High St. His Yukon flipped at least 2 times he said, and landed upside-down near the sidewalk facing the opposite direction. My phone was on vibrate from Sunday School and I felt it, thank the Lord when I picked my purse up. I called him back expecting to hear, "Rounds are taking longer and I won't make it to church." But he said, "I had a wreck, but I'm ok." He kept saying I don't want you to worry...so that MADE me worry! He was right at the end of the block from our church, so I ran (in heels) up there and was amazed at what I saw. He was standing there but he was pretty shaken up. He crawled out of the back window and escaped with minor scrapes. He had glass in his fingers and leg, which he insisted on removing himself. At one point I saw him kneeling down checking out the other guy's knee! Since the accident was basically in front of the church, many people we know and didn't know stopped to help us-and we are so THANKFUL! We went to the er to x-ray the hand, and it was ok. Please pray there won't be further complications. They usually do a chest x-ray, blood pressure check and some other test for the head, but he wouldn't do any of those! Most people don't walk away from accidents like that, and I am just so grateful. Words cannot express how thankful we are to God that His hand was on George Robert. The Lord has brought to my mind this verse all day- God is good and everything He does is good. Ps. 119:68. I took a picture with my camera phone, if i can figure out how to get it out of there, i'll post it.

4 comments:

danielle polk said...

OMGoodness Deidre!! I was holding my breath during your entire post. Praise God your husband is ok- and what an awesome post about God's hand on all of us.
It's funny, God has been speaking to me about the same thing~ that He is GOOD and therefore He works all things for good. I especially like the part about good gifts... just reminds me that sometimes what I see as a negative can be a good thing after all!

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Marks Family said...

Sorry, i posted something under Tyler's name on accident. I just wanted to say that i'm so glad that George Robert is okay. That looked terrible. I can't imagine how you felt. Let me know if ya'll need anything.

Ryan, Jenny, C&C said...

i'm glad GR was okay after all that---very lucky indeed. God definitely had his hand in him. praying for a quick recovery