Wednesday, April 14, 2010

counting down

well, the countdown is on for our big move. we have sold our house here and bought a house in birmingham. we have known about this move for a long time and have been excited for many reasons- closer to family, done with residency...but now that it's here i can't really explain it, i'm nervous and sad but still excited...it's just bittersweet. so we are just trying to enjoy our last few weeks in our first little home. i can't really even think about the friends that i'll miss and the ones i wish i had gotten to know sooner and better. they know who they are :) you know, it's like the day i go get a haircut. for weeks leading up to it, my hair has looked bad. then the day of the haircut, my hair looks like a pantene commercial and i think i should leave it alone. well, it's kind of like that...we were ready to move move move and it couldn't get here soon enough and now i just want to freeze time for a little while. but one excting thing is that our house needs some updating and that will give my many three blog readers some good before and after posts!

5 comments:

Catherine Moore said...

don't feel bad, i only have 8 blog readers. well, 7 because i guess i don't really count. :) so sad you're moving. you should read my post today. how ironic (iblogmoore.blogspot.com). i'm really struggling on if to go back to the "Ham", as we like to call it. I miss it, but then again can't bear to think about leaving our family. At least I know you'll be there if we do ever go back. :)

Charles, Allison and Elsie Boo said...

I read your blog! I just deleted my own so you probably can't tell. :) I'm sure you're sad, but once you get there and move in it will be so exciting you won't have time to feel really sad. Moving is always a weird feeling (in my experience anyways) at first. You're going to love it and I can't wait to come visit!!

Ashley said...

Uh! I am beginning to know the feeling, as of yesterday! You will be missed!

Konie said...

Hope you included me in your THREE, because even though I don't respond much, I read every blog :) Glad ya'll will be in BHAM!!

Courtney said...

Awww I read your blog...just not a good commentor anymore! I know the exact feelings you are having! I was sad/happy too. You seriously make some of the BEST friends in residency. I am excited for you guys and can't wait to see pics of the new house! Enjoy your last few weeks!