Sunday, July 18, 2010

what i'll miss...

i will miss "mississippi"-mary martin loves to play on this storm drain. she asked me one day when she was 2ish, what those words said, and i told her "mississippi" so from then on, our house was mississippi.
i will miss good ole blackthorne...i will NOT miss having to spell you EVERY time i place an order or give directions. "one word, with an e on the end..."
i will miss my confederate jasmine which was my brother's idea..but i drew the design and g.r. did the nails and wire. then i planted only 3 little jasmines (at $5 each!) and in a year, it was all filled in. from march-late june it flowers and smells dee-vine {fun fact: jasmine flowers, then grows. i.e. no need to trim while it's flowering, then when it's done flowering it grows, and grows! but i enjoy fiddlin' with it, so i don't mind. g.r. does too kinda.
i will miss my little hummingbird who comes by for a petunia aperitif every day around 4:30. he's on the far side, i never could get a pic with his tiny little self on my side
here are my 2 little b's, making sure all their little belongings are safely packed on the uhaul. george robert said packing it would be like playing tetris. good for him i rock at tetris. {who am i kidding, he could beat me at tetris blind-folded} i will update soon from our new, and temporary (but precious) home. still waiting for a sale here. but we have a GREAT rental in the meantime, and it's 5 houses down from one of my all time bff's from monroeville.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

you will be missed! that tetris thing is deliciously nerdy!

Catherine said...

so happy for y'all! and, you know where there's a house for sale if you EVER want to buy it....in B-ham! ha! :) Good luck! you will be missed.

Jean, and Daphney (Jackson too!) said...

You will be missed! What an exciting time for you guys!!

Mandy said...

I sure will miss seeing you at Rejoice! I know God has a plan in your house situation, and we'll be praying for you guys. Good luck in B'ham!

Hollie and Janie said...

things i will miss:
the beagle bagel
exit signs made of shrubbery
well.... i think that's about it! You were my favorite part of Jackson!!