Monday, February 7, 2011

we're kind of boring.

 but we always are after Christmas it seems. i always have zero pictures from january and most of february. these are all from my phone. we're still loving our Christmas pj's from wal-mart that were originally $5.00 on sale for $2.50! they were being so quiet the other night and i came in to find them eating sprinkles on the sofa.
 we've been stuck inside a lot... one weekend hollie came over and we decided we could re-upholster these 2 chairs. one was just stapling underneath, but the other involved some piping and sewing. which luckily she can do. these were never meant to be in my living room but they will be until i can find what i want.  i thought a print would be fun, but scott steered me toward a velvety neutral. hollie laughed when i showed her the fabric i got because i had been saying i wanted a fun ikat or something. i think a modern type fabric on an old chair is so cute...then i opened the bag and it was not only solid, but almost beige. :)
it's nice to have a friend who can do anything.

2 comments:

Just call me D said...

i am the same way! i love modern, bold funky stuff in magazines and i end up buying velvety neutrals. used to catch your brother's name in my SL- he is a talented guy! i'd do whatever he says :)

and the chair looks great! i've reupholstered stuff that i can staple underneath, but not anything that involved piping and sewing, unless you count a slipcover. my next project is a new bedskirt and shams- which will probably be.. you guessed it, neutral :)

Jamie said...

I would love to see the fabric you wanted to use! I think a bold, funky pattern would have been precious! The velvety beige looks good though. I guess you should trust Scott's opinion since he is kind of an expert! By the way, I like boring...you just think your house is boring! :)