Thursday, June 2, 2011

william's tractor party



                                   
for brunch we had bacon and country ham, parmesan grits casserole, homemade biscuits, muffins and sausage balls.

on the dessert table we had: tractor tire pops (made by me, g.r.'s idea) tractor cookies (made by hollie), and a precious tractor cake and cupcakes
the birthday boy didn't love the attention, but he did like having everyone around.

the tractor tires were krispy kreme crullers dipped in chocolate
it was a great party, lots of family and like-family, yummy food and a sweet sweet birthday boy to celebrate!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Deidre, everything turned out perfectly! I wish I could have come. I seriously asked David if we could go, but I wasn't feeling well all weekend. I hate I missed it, but am glad to see everything went so well!

emwitcher said...

LOVE it!!! Wish I could have helped more but so glad it turned out SO precious! Happy Birthday William

Hollie and Janie said...

A-dor-able! and everything was deee-licious!!!

Christy Jordan said...

Beautiful party! This is my first time stopping by and I love the verse you have at the top right.
Blessings to you and yours!
Gratefully,
Christy Jordan

Momma On The Run said...

I'd love to know how you made the Tractor Tire Cake pops they're adorable. My son would love them!

deidre martin booker said...

hi momma on the run!
for the tractor tire pops, i started with a krispy kreme kruller donut. i melted chocolate candy-quick in a small bowl and dipped the donut. it wasn't completely coated. after the chocolate set i put in the sticks and added details. for the centers i used the pre-packaged yellow fondant and cut it with a salad dressing top because it was what i found in the right size. :) then i made a little yellow frosting, put it in a ziploc bag, snipped a corner and piped on a circle and dots for the "lug nuts" they were a hit. i hope your son will enjoy them too! they weren't really that time consuming and pretty easy!

Momma On The Run said...

Thank you so much!! I'll let you know how they turn out!! :)